• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

options againt landlord

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kidbriggs

i was wondering if there is anything i can do concerning not being notified of a child molester living in our trailer park. the landlord said he did a backgroud check and found nothing. but after the gutin guestion approached my dauther. an i called the police they said he had a long line of past history of this offense. what are my options against the landlord for not notifing the resdents.

------------------
[email protected]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Landlords cannot place you in danger. But I do not know if this can apply to informing you of other residents (that may be a breach of privacy). I know Megan's Law states such child molestors have to register with the city/county and the information has to be sent to the neighbors where he/she is going to live. I don't know if your landlord has such a duty under Megan's Law. Also, check your lease. Thoroughly read it to see if there is any section that deals with this sort of thing.

Contact the department of housing and urban development and see what can be done.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">