• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OR mobile home order to vacate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cadicae

I'm in Oregon, in a mobile home park. I'm behind on space rent and have an order to vacate by midnight 5/8/01. I need constructive help on what I can do now, what rights I do have - can they lock up my home, since I rent the space from them, not the home? If I ask the property manager for more time, can she give me more time? Please help. Thank you very much.

C

cadicae

HomeGuru - duh. I've already been packing for three weeks. I asked for constructive help on my rights, not any sarcasm or smart*** remarks.
Anybody have anything HELPFUL? I'm not a lawyer, just a dumb tenant. Came here looking for a little help, not to be judged or belittled. Thank you.

HomeGuru

Please let me take this opportunity to clear up my post.

I am an attorney and have read your post and am familar with the L/T laws of Oregon. You did not pay rent, are in arrears and got served with an order to vacate the leased premises on 5/18/01.

Constructive help with respect to your rights: you have the right to pay the total amount due and owing. If you had the money I am sure you would have paid the rent. Since you did not pay the rent, you got served an eviction notice.
If the order was a court order, continue packing as you have no legal defense.

C

cadicae

Thank you, HomeGuru. That was much more constructive. Although what I was wondering was if they can lock me out of my house when it is the space I am renting, and also if the park can agree to give me more time. I know I have no legal defense. Anybody know the answers to those two questions? Thank you.

HomeGuru

i need to know the type of order that you got served with. Was it a Court filed document or a letter from the management company ordering you to move out.
Forgot the space that you are renting vs. mobile home, unless you are renting in outer space.
If you got served wih a Court document, at 12:01 am 5/8/01, if you are still here, the sheriff can arrest you for unlawful detainer/trespassing, lock the doors or haul your possessons to the street first and then lock the doors.

C

cadicae

Thank you - yes, it was a court filed order. Appreciate your help. Kristi

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">