• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

oral ok

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lmayl

legal for landlord ok oraly for break in contract

Georgia State

We had a year contract to rent a house. We was moving to Florida. Husband was out of work and starting new job and was offered ot buy brother house with nothing down. When we told the landlord he said that wa fine. He wanted half of the rent and would take it off the deposit. He asked me to touch up the walls. He had used none washable paint. We did and cleaned good and steamed cleaned carpets. He said everything was ok when we called. He still had not rented the house out and would give us other half when did. Well he asked us to be out before the first and which we was. Now the house is rented he will not give deposit. He said renter wanted carpet clean professionally and we had to pay, mined I did them before I left. Then he said he ran $127 ad for 10 days and he wanted us to pay. Well i know this is a tax deduction for him. Then he wants us for trips to show the house. When we was still there he had people calling me and having me show the house. Can he legally keep our deposit, even though he verbally ok for us to break lease because we could not afford it and was moving over 5 hours away?

D

djdj

Yeah he owes you da money, yes you should sue him BUTTTT

You left to get "free" rent the brothers house its probably a wreck, needs lots of work, brother is behind in the payments, OR what if he gets kicked out by his wife for drinking, then guess what??? he kicks you out.... and then says sue him cause aint givin you a dime for all the work you did!

WHY?? BECAUSE YOU REDNECKS DONT PUT anything in writing!

Eat the loss and move on,

[Edited by djdj on 02-12-2001 at 12:08 AM]

L

lmayl

not redneck

No, brothers house is in nice condition, he got married and had two homes. Plus we are not red necks we are from Mich. There was a written paper given to him stating that we pay half of rent and when move out he would pay us only half deposit back, the problem is that he took it from hubby and did not sign it but verbally said it was fine. now because he took it and verbally said it was fine will that standup in court?

D

djdj

NO...there must be proof.....and you do not have a copy.

Next time get everything in writing, even with your brother!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">