• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Orange Cty,CA DUI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mimi7

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Orange County, CA
I had DUI 11/04, first offense.Ordered to take DUI classes, but for one reason or another have not finished. Got a second extension from court on 8/5/05 to sign up for last 4 classes by 8/19/05 or bench warrant for arrest if not done by that date. Messed up again, didn't sign up in time, and now have to have legal representation to appeal to judge tomorrow, 9/3/05. I know courts are different, but what are my chances of being able to sign up and finish classes and not go to jail? Has anyone gone through this is Orange County? Thanks...

CdwJava

After all this time and very lenient judges, you intend to ask them for another extension?!

My guess is that you will be ordered in to custody for a short period of time and that you will have to do a little time AND sign up for the classes.

- Carl

mike2002

No matter how different courts are, hard to think any judge is going to look well on a third extension, especially since you were warned. Unless you're real lucky plan on leaving the courtroom handcuffed and spending at least the long weekend in jail. Judge could sentence you for longer. Jail's not fun (I know, my girlfriend went to jail for dui) but be prepared for the possibility by reading up on the experience. Let us know what happens. Good luck.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">