• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Order of Protection & Seductive Clothing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Screwed99

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL
Hello,
At our last court hearing we (my wife and I) decided that we would come to an arrangement regarding visitation of our two month old son. It worked well for the first couple of weeks but she would not let me see him this past week end as I arrived 20 minutes late. She filed on order of protection yesterday and the Cook County Family law website where I view my case online states that visitation has been denied?

She has no grounds for putting an order of protection out against me, is there anyway that she can prevent me from seeing my son based on this fictitious order of protection? We had an argument when I told her that I did not feel comfortable with her walking around her apartment in high cut night gowns without underwear when I was at her apartment visiting my son, she may try to convince the judge that I was being abusive towards her in order for the order of protection to be upheld.

onebreath

So IS the order of protection based on you complaining about her being in seductive clothing? I don't get it...why is there a protection order?

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL
Hello,
At our last court hearing we (my wife and I) decided that we would come to an arrangement regarding visitation of our two month old son. It worked well for the first couple of weeks but she would not let me see him this past week end as I arrived 20 minutes late. She filed on order of protection yesterday and the Cook County Family law website where I view my case online states that visitation has been denied?

She has no grounds for putting an order of protection out against me, is there anyway that she can prevent me from seeing my son based on this fictitious order of protection? We had an argument when I told her that I did not feel comfortable with her walking around her apartment in high cut night gowns without underwear when I was at her apartment visiting my son, she may try to convince the judge that I was being abusive towards her in order for the order of protection to be upheld.
did mom state her reasons for requesting an order of protection?

this agreement, this was court ordered? are you only to have visitation in mom's house?

shoot, i wish i had enough courage to walk around in a high cut night gown two months after birth even if NO ONE was home :eek:

Screwed99

this agreement, this was court ordered? are you only to have visitation in mom's house?

shoot, i wish i had enough courage to walk around in a high cut night gown two months after birth even if NO ONE was home :eek:
No, no court order.

cyjeff

Not to mention that the kid was BREASTFEEDING what, an hour and a half ago?

Isis1

if there is no court order to visitation, then if YOU are uncomfortable in mom's home, don't be there. go get your unsupervised visitation through the courts.

and ditto what Cjane said, what are mom's accusations for getting an order of protection?

Screwed99

But she had to STATE grounds - true or not. So what were her allegations?
No idea, I just got online today to see that she filed her motion yesterday. All it says online is Emergency Order of Protection allowed, Visitation Denied.

CJane

No idea, I just got online today to see that she filed her motion yesterday. All it says online is Emergency Order of Protection allowed, Visitation Denied.
So when you actually get served, come back and let us know what the papers say. Until then, have NO CONTACT at all with mom. Not even. At all.

Isis1

okay screwed, i have got to ask a question. and everyone needs an honest answer. when you told mon that you were uncomfortable with her attire, what exactly did you say, and what was mom's exact response?

Screwed99

if there is no court order to visitation, then if YOU are uncomfortable in mom's home, don't be there. go get your unsupervised visitation through the courts.

and ditto what Cjane said, what are mom's accusations for getting an order of protection?
I've not idea what her grounds are. If I get court ordered visitation it will have to be in mom's home, don't think I have any choice on this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">