• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

order of who gets money first ???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beth_parr

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I would like to know if anyone has the answer to this question.

I know someone who has 3 child support cases.
the state takes the money directly out of his check each week.
the two with the highest amounts always get the most.
even though the other case which gets very little was filed before 1 of the other cases.

when the ncp doesn't make enough to cover all support owed isn't it supposed to be first come, first serve kind of thing?
I never heard of a case being a higher priority to another case just because the judgment was higher.
The Ncp has no idea who gets what, just that the first and last filed cases get the most money.

any input??

beth

beth_parr said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

I would like to know if anyone has the answer to this question.

I know someone who has 3 child support cases.
the state takes the money directly out of his check each week.
the two with the highest amounts always get the most.
even though the other case which gets very little was filed before 1 of the other cases.

when the ncp doesn't make enough to cover all support owed isn't it supposed to be first come, first serve kind of thing?
I never heard of a case being a higher priority to another case just because the judgment was higher.
The Ncp has no idea who gets what, just that the first and last filed cases get the most money.

any input??

beth
In Illinois, it is first come first serve.......They figure if you were dumb enough to be the last one, than you should get the least I guess.........No offence to those people that thought they had found a CHANGED man, but that’s life.......

critterperson said:
In Illinois, it is first come first serve.......They figure if you were dumb enough to be the last one, than you should get the least I guess.........No offence to those people that thought they had found a CHANGED man, but that’s life.......
And how does this help the poster who is in Michigan????? The paychecks are supposed to be pro-rated according to the amount of each individual support order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">