• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ordered a product and company went bankrupt!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

steveatx

What is the name of your state? Texas

Back in November, I ordered a seat for my car for $388 and was told that it should arrive in 7-10 business days. After 10 business days, I called again and was told 21 business days. To make a long story short, I kept getting the runaround from this company and finally decided to cancel my order.

I ended up speaking to someone who told me that the company was having financial difficulties and to file a dispute with my credit card company, but by that time I had been strung along for so long that it was too late to do that. I found out that the company filed for bankruptcy earlier this month, and for the past week I have been speaking daily to the owner of the company. He has kept telling me that he will call when there is any information, and that he is working with his attorney to "see if he can get me my credit." Is there any way that I could be out this $388 through no fault of my own, or is he obligated to pay this? I live in Texas, and the company is in New York.

Last edited:

fairisfair

Filing bankruptcy does not relieve a business from fulfilling orders that have already been paid for. Unfortunately, you may become a part of the bankruptcy proceedings, and you can find your name at the very bottom of the list of creditors. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">