• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ordered to mediation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smmow23

What is the name of your state? TN

I have attempted mediation with my stbx twice. His new attorney (other one quit due to "unrecoverable conflict" between them) has filed a plea with the court to order me to a third mediation. It is a waste of time and money as ex won't negotiate at all nor will he provide requested financials. After the second mediation failed, he sent a text threatening me to either agree with his terms or he would "take care of me" and "better watch your back." Would a judge order a third attempt when nothing will be accomplished?

LdiJ

I have attempted mediation with my stbx twice. His new attorney (other one quit due to "unrecoverable conflict" between them) has filed a plea with the court to order me to a third mediation. It is a waste of time and money as ex won't negotiate at all nor will he provide requested financials. After the second mediation failed, he sent a text threatening me to either agree with his terms or he would "take care of me" and "better watch your back." Would a judge order a third attempt when nothing will be accomplished?
You could respond to the plea asking the judge not to order the mediation and the reasons why. Otherwise, its difficult to predict what an unknown judge might decide.

Just Blue

What happened when you filed a complaint about the threatening texts?

HRZ

Odds may favor new attorney gets a chance to represent client in new mediation ?

Why is STBX not supplying required financials ...if they are " required" I'd be on that a lot harder ..perhaps even as a precondition a week or so before mediation.
How can one intelligently mediate if one is short critical information?

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Postin hx..

File a police report every timer he sends a threatening text message.

You have done a good job developing a backbone with this alcoholic STBX, but you have to hang tough and get a bit demanding. Just because the other party files for something doesn't mean that you have to agree.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">