• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

organized crime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ltgXsr

California.

I have a very big problem. And any advice on how to handle this dilemma would be greatly appreciated.
I have befriended a person at work and he introduced me to his family and friends.They seem like very nice people, but the business that they are all into is very very dishonest.
What they do is they recruit men and women that are U.S. citizens to marry foreiners so that they can become citizens themselves. They have asked me to recruit people for them and I would be payed a nice sum of money. All of this sounds very tempting yet my consceince wont allow me to do so.
This organization is very big. From coast to coast, and I'm amazed that our own government is permitting/ignoring this to happen. Its right out in the open.The risk factor is very minimal and the payoff is very good.
I know its not right . I want to turn them into the proper authorities. But who are the right authorities? And whos to say that this wont come back and bite me, if our government still does nothing. I put myself out on the line for nothing??
What are the possible punishment for all who is involved. Like my friend, and his family. One person at work has been married through this organization, what happens to them? Should I turn and look the other way? Or do the right thing? Or if you cant beat them join them? Any legal advice would be helpful.

O

ogwhit

Why do you think they impossed the 2 year conditional basis status years ago? Because of people like that!
You know what they are doing is wrong, and so do they , but they don't care and they keep doing it.
I wouldn't really care what would happen to them, what they are doing is plain wrong!

HomeGuru

ltgXsr said:
California.

I have a very big problem. And any advice on how to handle this dilemma would be greatly appreciated.
I have befriended a person at work and he introduced me to his family and friends.They seem like very nice people, but the business that they are all into is very very dishonest.
What they do is they recruit men and women that are U.S. citizens to marry foreiners so that they can become citizens themselves. They have asked me to recruit people for them and I would be payed a nice sum of money. All of this sounds very tempting yet my consceince wont allow me to do so.
This organization is very big. From coast to coast, and I'm amazed that our own government is permitting/ignoring this to happen. Its right out in the open.The risk factor is very minimal and the payoff is very good.
I know its not right . I want to turn them into the proper authorities. But who are the right authorities? And whos to say that this wont come back and bite me, if our government still does nothing. I put myself out on the line for nothing??
What are the possible punishment for all who is involved. Like my friend, and his family. One person at work has been married through this organization, what happens to them? Should I turn and look the other way? Or do the right thing? Or if you cant beat them join them? Any legal advice would be helpful.
**A: and is this the so called friend that supplies you with drugs?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">