• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Orthodonist bill and visits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

orthodontics

Isn't it funny when the non-custodial parent has to pay pay pay and when it's time for the custodial has to reinmburse the ncp they don't want to? That has been the case in my experience. I work at a dental office and got a 50% discount off my step-daughter's orthodontics and her mother still did not want to pay half of that! (1/4 of the cost!) She has never had to pay a dime of her dental work for 16 years, but still complains. I have had countless people tell me they would be sooooo thankful to not have to pay any dental bills. Dental is not even mentioned in the court order, but I have voluntarily taken care of that because I wanted to. It would be nice to have a little appreciation, but I will not hold my breath waiting for it. And we discussed payment arrangements before we put the braces on her and she agreed to pay half after the discount and then she just quit making payments, without discussing it with my husband first, so we had to pay for the rest. I just wish people could think about the kids first and not about trying to "get back" at the other parent. It's so immature and unnecessary. :mad:

Mbarr

boggledmind said:
B1tch, I never asked for, nor would I ever want your pity (or armchair advice). I came here for some LEGAL advice.

I think you DID ask for armchair advice. Check out your 1st post . . .
Any thoughts, experiences on the appointements and money issues?
And people like you are just a CNT

All that's missing is you!!
Wow. And you talk to your daughter with that mouth? I hope you are in counseling as well as your children. Your experiences with your ex seem to have created some hostility toward women. (not that it isn't understandable, just that it needs to be addressed, since you are raising children and, hopefully, don't want to convey that hostility to them).

Re the meds - my ex has never paid an uninsured med/dental bill within 30 days. I still submit them, and still do f/u (that's follow up, not the alternative) letters to him; however, I never expect to be paid. Instead, about once a year, or every other year, I file contempt charges against him for the unpaid meds (and usually unpaid cs). I time the filing so that court is scheduled right around Tksgiving or Xmas, and his parents usually pay up so he doesn't spend the hols in jail. Sucks for his parents, I know, but better that he borrows from them than taking from his kids.

TNBSMommy

usedstepmom said:
Isn't it funny when the non-custodial parent has to pay pay pay and when it's time for the custodial has to reinmburse the ncp they don't want to? . :mad:

The op IS the CP...Trying to get the NCP to pay their share of orthodontic bill. Not the other way around...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">