• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OT: Did somebody leave a computer on in the mental ward?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TigerD

It seems like FA has been hit by a wave of crazy. From custody proceedings for a ferret, to trans-Atlantic slander (and I don't mean my typical comments about the French this time) and a host of others, it seems like crazy found the keyboard.

For those of you who post on other sites, is this happening around the net or are we special?

DC

Proserpina

It seems like FA has been hit by a wave of crazy. From custody proceedings for a ferret, to trans-Atlantic slander (and I don't mean my typical comments about the French this time) and a host of others, it seems like crazy found the keyboard.

For those of you who post on other sites, is this happening around the net or are we special?

DC

We're seeing a bit more cray-cray down the street, but the two Admins are pretty good at actually moderating things.

The other one...I have no idea. I think there's more cray-cray in the responders than the posters ;)

CdwJava

We don't get HALF the number of "peculiar" calls that the police, and - I suspect - many attorneys get.

There are a great many slightly unbalanced people who are just enough off kilter to seek advice or assistance from legal authorities while not being so unstable as to necessitate compelled treatment. We get those just about every day. Put a keyboard in front of these folks and teach them how to use it, and watch out!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
While the other sites where I post are not immune, I'd say this particular time this one is taking the brunt.

There are other times when they leave the doors to the mental ward unlocked when other sites get hammered. I think it's just our turn.

mmmagique

Hmmm...well, I've been answering more lately. And my last name is definitely of French origins...maybe that's all that's going on!

single317dad

It's late summer (as the school schedule goes). The kiddies are getting bored. Used to be, IRC and Usenet took the brunt of it. Nowadays, it's message boards, Facebook, and Reddit.

bdancer

I've seen an increase in the crazies on other sites over the past few weeks.

Fulll moon brings out all the crazies. Wasn't there some special kind of full moon recently? That and school has been out long enough for the kids to get bored.

Just Blue

DC
I noticed this as well...Full moon + weekend+don'thaveenoughtodo= Freeadvice.com

;):(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">