• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Other insurance trying to total my car when I want it repaired.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My coverage is uninsured motorist collision. As my insurance placed fault with the one who rear-ended me, who was insured, they put me in touch with their company and closed the book on my case.
That was the appropriate thing to do. The driver that hit you is 100% at fault.

bat22

Update: Check's in the mail for the full estimated value of my S40.

What I learned: Forgo any decency with allowing the other insurance time to get back to you if their client is lawyered up or is slow to provide his input of events, like over 1-2 weeks. If you believe you're in the right and they're offering a raw deal, let them know that you're ready to take their client to small claims court. All the finger-pointing at the car ahead of us didn't mean a thing when the judge recognized a rear end collision for what it was. Once you have the judgment, get right back to the insurance to send the proof their way so they can send what the court has ruled for you.

Certainly a learning experience as a California resident.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">