• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

other party has no insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

Olivia

My mother was recently in a car accident. It was the other persons fault and the woman had no license or insurance. My mother felt sorry for her and didn't call the police. She got an estimate for the damages. Do we have to fix the car out of our own pocket or is their any legal action she can take?

P

peter

DUMB DUMB DUMB, now you will have to pay out of your pocket for everything, the other person probably left town and is nowhere to be found...

Sure you can sue in small claims court, or get a lawyer and sue..but so what if you got a judgement, they aint got no money honey!

At least maybe she would have wound up in jail, for no licnse & insurance, you can thak mom, for not having any money for you this year.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Olivia:
My mother was recently in a car accident. It was the other persons fault and the woman had no license or insurance. My mother felt sorry for her and didn't call the police. She got an estimate for the damages. Do we have to fix the car out of our own pocket or is their any legal action she can take? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">