• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Other party lying after accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ALawyer

If you think it would be a worthwhile use of your time given that the amount of damages is supposedly $650, and you'll likely have to pay a filing fee to bring an action, you probably could sue the other driver in a small claims court.

You'll each be able to tell your side of the story, and show whatever other evidence you have (BTW in some locations a mere estimate from a repair shop -- instead of a paid bill for completed repairs -- won't cut it) to the trier of fact (possibly a judge but in many jurisdictions a volunteer attorney who the court designates to serve) and see what happens. If you win, and the other driver does not voluntarily pay on the spot, you'd then have to go about collecting the judgment, which is not always easy.

bcr229

One has to wonder why bcr229 bothered with that comment...
I've had people tell me I was weird and/or paranoid for having a dash cam, though I've noted an increase in popularity with them over the last year or so. My apologies if the comment caused confusion.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I've had people tell me I was weird and/or paranoid for having a dash cam, though I've noted an increase in popularity with them over the last year or so. My apologies if the comment caused confusion.
I've used dash cams for several years after an accident that the other party tried to claim was my fault. I've never had a single person say I was weird and/or paranoid. In fact, the consensus is that it's a very smart idea.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">