• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Other Than Honorable, and I want to be a Nurse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eli1inthesnow

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was discharged from the Navy for a dirty urnilaysis containing Marijuana. Could I still pursue a career in Nursing. I have no criminal records and I have maintained a clean record since my discharge. I want to know if this would stop me from getting a job in California. WHat should I do to find out before I pursue a career in Nursing?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

j991

Title 16 of the California code deals with the registered nurses accredidation. Going over it quickly I found nothing that would prevent you from obtaining you license as a RN. However, a health care facility could deny you a job based on your past record, however, with the nursing shortage being what it is I would be suprised if it took you long to find a job.

Board of Registered Nursing - Title 16, California Code of Regulations

That is a link to the Title 16 and should help answer your questions. Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">