• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

our insurance company won't pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

monty1203

What is the name of your state?Indiana. My wife was broad sided by an uninsured motorist and my wife's van flipped over onto it's side. The uninsured girl was passing a school bus on the right at an intersection with a flashing light in a no passing zone.We have uninsured motorist coverage on our policy. Now our insurance company is fighting us on the claim,we have paid for this coverage and when we need it they get nasty and threaten to fault my wife if we don't take there offer.Can they do this? are we paying for coverage to make the insurance company richer and us poorer?

joeyg1

im an insurance agent

i'm in az. first off im sorry to hear what happened to your wife. You left out some details that might help. Was a police report filed and was the other driver ticketed for the accident. Also, are you definitely sure you have the Uninsured motorist coverage on your policy? Uninsured motorist coverage will pay for injuries to you or your wife if you are hit by someone with no insurance. Just so you understand, im not sure what indiana coverages are, but in that state, if there isnt uninsured motorist property damage available, or if you do not carry it on your policy, then your insurance company might not pay for your damages to your vehicle itself. hope this info helps, and best of luck to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">