• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of date Calibration.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jtodd4942

Pennsylvania.
So heres my question. I got a speeding ticket in a local residency. Officer claims i was doing 53 (not possible, First red flag). there are Three dead stops in less then one mile of road, Then puts on the ticket 35 in a 25. I asked the officer how he tagged me and he stated that he uses a robic stopwatch. After doing some research it appears that any speed measuring device that isn't radar has to be calibrated every 60 days. According to the citation his had not been calibrated for 62 days prior to my citation.
Would this lead to an automatic technical dismissal or could i still get hung with this ticket?

FlyingRon

The ticket means nothing, but it gives you a strong hint of what your defense will be in court. If they don't show the CERTIFICATE that the stopwatch was tested within the 60 days PRIOR to the offense, then it can't be used.

A terminology nit: it's "testing" that's required, not calibration.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">