• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of Network Insurance Check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chelsea333

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

During my pregnancy, my insurance company cut ties with my hospital/doctors. I was still covered in network by their continuity of care policy. They said the hospital would bill me out of network and the insurance company would send me a check to pay their part. They said I could cash it and pay by debit or just endorse the check to the hospital. Fast forward to the bills arriving, the insurance company sent the check and the hospital sent me a letter telling me to just forward the check to them and they will bill me for the rest. I already have a 0% interest payment plan with a previous bill with this hospital. My question is: can I cash the check, pay off other non-medical bills and add the new bills to my interest free payment plan? I don’t want to commit insurance fraud by any means and I am definitely going to pay my hospital bills off. I just think it would be smarter to pay off two other bills with interest rates before paying one that could be 0% interest.

ecmst12

If the hospital is expecting the check from the insurance company, then they're probably not going to agree with your plan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">