• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

out of state custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i live in maryland. my fiance has just found out that he has a 10 year old daughter, which paternity has just been proven in the last 2 months. the daughter lives in colorado. the mother is not willing to give him visitation. he has been ordered to pay $6oo in child support. since the mother has filled for child support shouldn't the father be allowed visitation regardless of what state he lives?



You are right but you will have to get a attorney where the child is. Then you will have to file for visitation or custody. Why did he just find out about his daughter? He would have to travel there at first I would guess till he gets to know her better. After this you would get summer visits, spring break, some holidays. All of this is what you should get but first you should get an attorney. he will know the laws of that state. Hope I helped.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential