• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of State Subpoena

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

I was not speaking of state courts.

Well, actually, I have spoken of both state and federal subpoenas - because I don’t know what type of subpoenas were served or why.

Last edited:

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I was not speaking of state courts.
Well, you might see how your statement would appear that you were. The statement you made that Litigator22 was responding to was:

And Illinois courts can have jurisdiction over out of state residents.
The word Illinois in front of courts indicates that your are referring to courts of that state, i.e. state courts. One would not typically refer to a federal court in Illinois as an "Illinois court".

In any event, I'm not seeing anything so far that indicates the OP was served a subpoena from a federal district court. It would be nice to have more detail on what the OP was served with, but really the best thing for the OP to do is take it to a criminal law attorney near him/her for advice on what he/she should do.

quincy

Oh. I understood Litigator’s response. But thank you for explaining it.

I want more information from Donwill.

Litigator22

Well, you might see how your statement would appear that you were. The statement you made that Litigator22 was responding to was:
The word Illinois in front of courts indicates that your are referring to courts of that state, i.e. state courts. One would not typically refer to a federal court in Illinois as an "Illinois court". . .
After a time you may learn that Q never admits to being wrong. Chiefly because there is never a need. (A truism that he once again proclaims.) So when the less informed think he is wrong it is only because they don't know right from wrong.

"I may have my faults, but being wrong ain't one of them." (Jimmy Hoffa 1913-1975)
("1,911 Best Things Anybody Ever Said" pp.93 - Robert Byrne ISBN 0-449-90285-4

quincy

After a time you may learn that Q never admits to being wrong. Chiefly because there is never a need. (A truism that he once again proclaims.) So when the less informed think he is wrong it is only because they don't know right from wrong.

"I may have my faults, but being wrong ain't one of them." (Jimmy Hoffa 1913-1975)
Thanks for recognizing that, Litigator. ;)

That said, I have admitted I am wrong on the few occasions when I have been.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer

Hah!

Pot: meet kettle.

(And this time forgo the temptation of the pretense of misunderstanding the allusion and spouting some venomous treaty about cannabis. That would be silly. That would not be "The pot calling the kettle black".)

quincy

Litigator is generally right with his answers. It is the questions that are sometimes wrong. ;)

Still anxiously awaiting Donwill’s return.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">