• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

out of state warrents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

need someone

What is the name of your state? Indiana
Hi everyone, I need some advice, My boyfriend moved out of the state of Indiana while on probation it was a class a misdemonor. he finshed everything he was suppose to do and told his PO he was moving his PO told him ok becasue he was on a non- report anyways. Now it has been 3 months and we found out the other day that his PO was fired and the new one has issused a warrent for my boyfriends arrest for moving. we moved 900 miles away and now I am worried that the police are going to come kick my door down to arrest him. Will they do this? Or will the warrent be for Indiana? If he gets pulled over here will the warrent show up? could some one please help me. Thank you

C

CorySLOC

I need more info.

First off do you still live in Indiana?

Second does your boyfriend come back to Indiana?

If he does'nt live with you why would they kick in your door and haul him off to jail?

Does he have in Court documents showing that he completed his probation?

(Q) If he gets pulled over here will the warrent show up?

(A) It probable would be good assumption that it will show up if in fact he has a warrant for his arrest.

N

need someone

ok to answer your Questions
No he does not live in Indiana now he moved to Georgia to be with me he is now living with me. That is why I am worried that they are going to come kick down my door. He doesn't have anything from the courts he only has the proof that all fines are paid and that the class is complete. The papers state that once they was done he was a non-report. I hope this helps you help me. I just want to know if Indiana will come to Georgia to arrest him on a Misdomendor warrant? Thanks in Advance.

N

need someone

also by the way no he has no plans in returning to Indiana.

P

PaulE

Most warrants are entered into data bases that police agencies use. This means when your pulled over and an officer checks your drivers license, it will show the warrant. There are different data bases used by different agencies. The chances of an Indiana misdemeanor warrant showing up in Georgia are slim, but not impossible. You said it was a class A misdemeanor charge. Through my experience, most states will not extradite that distance on a misdemeanor charge. My advice though would be to do whatever it takes to take care of the warrant, because once it's issued, they don't go away, even on a misdemeanor charge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">