• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

out of status - need help about employment sponsorship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MA
Hello everyone,
I entered the USA mid 2003 on a H2B visa, reapplied in 2004 doing all the paperwork myself, I received my Labor Certification and submitted to INS to find that the visa quotas limits had been hit 3 days beforehand. I was then advised not to leave the country as I would recieve the 10 year ban.
My place of employment is in the process of being sold and my new employer wishes to sponsor me. What is the process for changing status? and can he do it without being open 1 year and therefore not having corporate tax returns? and if the sale is not completed can the previous owner sponsor me without showing corporate tax returns? Thanks :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential