• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

out on bond

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dave

2 years ago i was arrested in ohio for dwi and was released on 5000.00 bond, i lived in tennessee at the time and still do. and i have not been back to ohio since i was bonded out.
as of today tennessee authorities now know of this.
if im am taken back to ohio i will lose my home and everything.
will they come and get me??
how does it work??

ALawyer

You could be arrested on the out of state warrant, asked to waive extradition (the Governor would extradite you anyway) and be taken back to the state in which you were arrested. Or if you skipped bail, a bounty hunter can pick you up and take you back. It makes sense to get a lawyer in the original state and go back and face the music.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">