• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Outback roof totaled car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Danwoods

I live in Texas and my car was hit by some of Outback Steakhouse's roof during a tornado, which totalled it, and now even with insurance I'm in the hole $5k. Is Outback Steakhouse liable for any of my damages?

If not, as I was working at Red Lobster and parked in their parking lot when my car was destroyed, is there any compensation that Red Lobster can be legally forced to give me? Conversely, would they be allowed to fire me for not being able to get to work when it was while AT work that my mode of transportation was destroyed?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I live in Texas and my car was hit by some of Outback Steakhouse's roof during a tornado, which totalled it, and now even with insurance I'm in the hole $5k. Is Outback Steakhouse liable for any of my damages?
No, it's an "act of God".

If not, as I was working at Red Lobster and parked in their parking lot when my car was destroyed, is there any compensation that Red Lobster can be legally forced to give me?
No, same reason
Conversely, would they be allowed to fire me for not being able to get to work when it was while AT work that my mode of transportation was destroyed?
Yes, they can do that.

You had two cars destroyed?

Just Blue

If not, as I was working at Red Lobster and parked in their parking lot when my car was destroyed, is there any compensation that Red Lobster can be legally forced to give me? Conversely, would they be allowed to fire me for not being able to get to work when it was while AT work that my mode of transportation was destroyed?
You can try to sue Mother Nature. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">