• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Outside country on juvenile probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Benfredo

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

So my mother made me leave the country while I was on juvenile probation I want to come back and she is telling me that I have a warrant out for my arrest but if I turn 21 my record will be expunged and the warrant will be dropped. I don't believe this to be true but she says my probation officer told her this. I need help understanding my situation

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

So my mother made me leave the country while I was on juvenile probation I want to come back and she is telling me that I have a warrant out for my arrest but if I turn 21 my record will be expunged and the warrant will be dropped. I don't believe this to be true but she says my probation officer told her this. I need help understanding my situation
What do you mean she made you leave the country? How old were you at the time and what was her reasoning for sending you away? Are you a US citizen? Where were you sent? Your record was NOT expunged. The warrant is still active. Call a criminal attorney to help you resolve this.

Benfredo

Her reasoning was so I don't violate probation. I was 17 am 20 now yes am a US citizen I went to Ghana but have been able too travel in and out of other country through out the last 3 years she claims that my record would be expunged and Warrant would be drop So long as I stay out of the country until I'm 21 and I also want to know if I was to enter the country through a different state I would not be arrested because it's not a felony and a juvenile case. But I did notify my probation officer before leaving

quincy

Her reasoning was so I don't violate probation. I was 17 am 20 now yes am a US citizen I went to Ghana but have been able too travel in and out of other country through out the last 3 years she claims that my record would be expunged and Warrant would be drop So long as I stay out of the country until I'm 21 and I also want to know if I was to enter the country through a different state I would not be arrested because it's not a felony and a juvenile case. But I did notify my probation officer before leaving
Your mother was not correct in what she told you.

Why were you on probation (what was your offense)?

Benfredo

Resisting arrest n two other charges I can't remember but at first they tried to charge me with assault on an officer

quincy

Resisting arrest n two other charges I can't remember but at first they tried to charge me with assault on an officer
You should speak to a lawyer in Pennsylvania before returning to the U.S. Perhaps you can get a referral from your probation officer.

Good luck.

Just Blue

You should speak to a lawyer in Pennsylvania before returning to the U.S. Perhaps you can get a referral from your probation officer.

Good luck.
OP should contact the state bar...per his posting the PO knew he was leaving the country and presumably didn't caution him...a referral from that PO isn't to be trusted...IMHO.

quincy

OP should contact the state bar...per his posting the PO knew he was leaving the country and presumably didn't caution him...a referral from that PO isn't to be trusted...IMHO.
I question whether the mother ever spoke to the probation officer. I question whether, if she did speak to the probation officer, the probation officer actually said what she said he said.

I find this a very strange story.

Just Blue

I question whether the mother ever spoke to the probation officer. I question whether, if she did speak to the probation officer, the probation officer actually said what she said he said.

I find this a very strange story.
I agree with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">