• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Over an hour of bashing my name via radio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state?Florida

In Florida are local broadcasters that own their own radio show required to have broadcasters insurance? And second part is question does the Federal Trade Commission regulate or punish violators of extreme defamation or slander via the radio?

quincy

What is the name of your state?Florida

In Florida are local broadcasters that own their own radio show required to have broadcasters insurance? And second part is question does the Federal Trade Commission regulate or punish violators of extreme defamation or slander via the radio?
It depends on the type of station whether it is regulated by the FCC.

Extreme defamation is handled through lawsuits filed against the defamer by the one defamed.

Insurance is standard.

A few months ago I was the sole subject of an hour-and-a-half radio broadcast locally in which my name my slandered on dozens of occasions. I was made out to be a liar a thief a criminal a horrible mother and my appearance was ridiculed as well. This radio show left me wanting to kill myself literally. I could not listen to the full show the first time I tried to listen. As tears fell from my face I couldn't understand why. Why me? Was it that important that I be looked upon as a complete and utter scumbag in our town. Truth is I'm a disabled divorced woman who has survived breast cancer, an abusive marriage, a bias Police Department. I need this to end I need a solution. I cannot afford to pay for an attorney but I assure you my knowledge of legal issues is pretty vast. I finished up a divorce that went to appeals court twice while he spent money on attorney that I did not have. I was complimented for doing my divorce Pro Se all the way. I'm looking for an attorney and every time I go to search I am faced with the same issue that fees that have to be paid or this attorney doesn't handle that kind of case. If this wasn't isas complex as complex I would attempted on my own. But I do not want to miss out on an opportunity do you have the ones that need to be punished punished the way they should be. So if anybody has any advice for play stood for me to turn besides legal aid because apparently you're my divorce I had a conflict of interest with them whatever that meant. Nobody else does. But that's my life in this County. I appreciate any help I can get thank you so much Jackie

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
None of us have heard the broadcast (nor do we care to.) Your best bet is to consult with an attorney or three about the matter.

It depends on the type of station whether it is regulated by the FCC.

Extreme defamation is handled through lawsuits filed against the defamer by the one defamed.

Insurance is standard.
I I do wish I could post this video which is available on YouTube still. I do think it's rather complex for me to attempt Pro se. Do you know of any North Central Florida attorneys willing to take us on a contingency basis and of course I would not require somebody to answer that without hearing the radio station broadcast and seeing the actual proof of the falsehoods they have lay upon me. The broadcaster apparently is a dear friend of my ex-husband who I divorced. The Narcissist could not handle the fact that I guess I prevailed without an attorney without paying $75,000. But any assistance you may be able to give or point me in the right direction I have so much on my plate with this it's unreal. I can't even go out of my house. Thanks Jackie

quincy

A few months ago I was the sole subject of an hour-and-a-half radio broadcast locally in which my name my slandered on dozens of occasions. I was made out to be a liar a thief a criminal a horrible mother and my appearance was ridiculed as well. This radio show left me wanting to kill myself literally. I could not listen to the full show the first time I tried to listen. As tears fell from my face I couldn't understand why. Why me? Was it that important that I be looked upon as a complete and utter scumbag in our town. Truth is I'm a disabled divorced woman who has survived breast cancer, an abusive marriage, a bias Police Department. I need this to end I need a solution. I cannot afford to pay for an attorney but I assure you my knowledge of legal issues is pretty vast. I finished up a divorce that went to appeals court twice while he spent money on attorney that I did not have. I was complimented for doing my divorce Pro Se all the way. I'm looking for an attorney and every time I go to search I am faced with the same issue that fees that have to be paid or this attorney doesn't handle that kind of case. If this wasn't isas complex as complex I would attempted on my own. But I do not want to miss out on an opportunity do you have the ones that need to be punished punished the way they should be. So if anybody has any advice for play stood for me to turn besides legal aid because apparently you're my divorce I had a conflict of interest with them whatever that meant. Nobody else does. But that's my life in this County. I appreciate any help I can get thank you so much Jackie
Why were you the target of a (defamatory) broadcast? Are you a public figure, well-known in your area, subject of a news matter of public interest?

None of us have heard the broadcast (nor do we care to.) Your best bet is to consult with an attorney or three about the matter.
That's the issue it's been so difficult for me to find an attorney. This is such a rarity I'm assuming that it's almost unbelievable. And they question the fact what was the injury and what were at the slanderous remarks . I have thus far and due to mail it out this week drafted a intention to sue letter giving them a chance to remedy the situation and I don't know how they're ever going to do that. Hopefully it ends there

quincy

I I do wish I could post this video which is available on YouTube still. I do think it's rather complex for me to attempt Pro se. Do you know of any North Central Florida attorneys willing to take us on a contingency basis and of course I would not require somebody to answer that without hearing the radio station broadcast and seeing the actual proof of the falsehoods they have lay upon me. The broadcaster apparently is a dear friend of my ex-husband who I divorced. The Narcissist could not handle the fact that I guess I prevailed without an attorney without paying $75,000. But any assistance you may be able to give or point me in the right direction I have so much on my plate with this it's unreal. I can't even go out of my house. Thanks Jackie
If this is a YouTube show, you should file a complaint with YouTube.

You probably will not find an attorney who will take a defamation case on a contingency basis. You could find an attorney who will send a cease and desist letter for not too much money.

Just Blue

That's the issue it's been so difficult for me to find an attorney. This is such a rarity I'm assuming that it's almost unbelievable. And they question the fact what was the injury and what were at the slanderous remarks . I have thus far and due to mail it out this week drafted a intention to sue letter giving them a chance to remedy the situation and I don't know how they're ever going to do that. Hopefully it ends there
Have you contacted the owner of the station? If so...what was their response to your complaint?

Why were you the target of a (defamatory) broadcast? Are you a public figure, well-known in your area, subject of a news matter of public interest?
Absolutely the soul Target the soul subject. Am I a public figure? Absolutely not. I am a disabled woman who had breast cancer who divorced a narcissist who is the biggest liar and cannot stand that I divorced him. So I'm always the topic of his conversation. I am not famous nor do I want to be. I have my head held in shame because of this. My friends believe this. The guy ranted and raved about me I know other reasons my ex-husband told him this or that lie about me. What makes it even better is he says that I called him a sex offender in this post that he will read off on the radio show. However there is not one instance where I called him a sex offender. He use that as an excuse to start his rant on me. If I had to guess this guy is a biggest drama mama creator that I have ever witnessed. I can't see how he can look in the mirror after what he's done to me. No matter what I've done a my life I've never deserve this no one does. Jackie

Last edited:

quincy

Please edit your posts to remove the objectionable language. It violates the terms of service on this forum. Thanks.

What has been the harm to your reputation?

Just Blue

I have drafted an intention to sue letter havent mailed it yet. I get a small s security check even postage is hard for me to swing ..
You could call. You could e-mail. Your first step should be a call to the owner of the station with your complaint...not a law suit.

If this is a YouTube show, you should file a complaint with YouTube.

You probably will not find an attorney who will take a defamation case on a contingency basis. You could find an attorney who will send a cease and desist letter for not too much money.
I have had one posting removed and I havent done this cause I wasnt sure if it will be needed, the damage is done..in this town they know who I m now where I live.. its heartbreaking the way I'm viewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">