• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Over payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cjs1ma

What is the name of your state? PA

if i payed $1.55 a week, from 1969 to 2004, and the face value of the policy was $1000. is that an over payment?

also, when this policy was cashed in, and i only recieved $768.00, is that a rip-off?

Last edited:

Betty

What is the name of your state? PA

if i payed $1.55 a week, from 1969 to 2004, and the face value of the policy was $1000. is that an over payment?

also, when this policy was cashed in, and i only recieved $768.00, is that a rip-off?
No, it would not be considered an overpayment. Also, if you had died say in 1972 (3 yrs. after taking out pol.), the full face amt. would have been payable ($1000) & you would have paid quite a lot less than $1000 in premiums. Prems. are based on an avg. life expectancy for the age you are when the pol. is taken out + company expenses, etc. Actually, the minimum cash value is determined by a formula established by law. Also, if a person has a loan on the cash value, it is deducted + interest before paying the cash value. Some people die before their life expectancy age & some after - the ins. co. has to charge an avg. prem. taking that into consideration. Some people will pay more in prems. & some less in prems. than avg.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">