• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Overpaid Bonus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pparker

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? The main company is in Texas, but our office is in Georgia

I was paid an annual bonus this year. I was overpaid, (the bonus was supposed to be prorated, but was not) but had been underpaid on another bonus and was in the running for another type of bonus so assumed the company was fixing the issue with the underpaid bonus when I received an overage. In looking at the amount, I realized it was more than it should be. I notified my boss and HR.
I told HR the issue. They did not get back to me but did contact my boss a month or so later. They did not say anything at the time about paying the amt back. Now I receive an email saying HR will be contacting me. I asked my boss and she said I will have to pay the money back. I just wonder if I have any recourse. I am sure they will work with me for payments or whatever, but just curious. Thanks

ecmst12

If they made a mistake and paid you too much, you have to pay them back. That is all there is to it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">