• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Overpayment of benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ariburgos2

I received SS benefits 11yrs ago due to a LTD of 2 years. I returned to work and eventually retired in 2004. The company I worked for is now telling me (after 11yrs) that I owe them over $8,000 due to overpayment of benefits. I was never informed of this for the past 11yrs. I receive a retirement pension from this company. Will they be able to collect on the overpayment and is my pension at risk? Please help!

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Were the benefits from LTD or SSDI? If the benefits were SSDI, I'd be making arrangements to pay them (the SSA) back. If you don't pay them (the SSA) back, they can garnish wages and/or receive your federal tax refunds, including the stimulus payments that just went out.

ariburgos2

Overpayment of Benefits

The overpayment is due to the Company, not the SSA. However, it has been 11yrs since the disability, and just now am I hearing about this. It loolks like someone may a mistake and they want me to pay for it.

In addition to that, I was told today by the LTD Administrator that they owe me over a $1,000.00 and due to the overpayment back then, the Company want that money!

Please help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">