• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Overpayment on Closed Support Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


New member
What is the name of your state? PA

What happens if a payor overpays arrears on a CLOSED support order? Will the extra money be refunded?

***EDIT*** I actually found the answer elsewhere. If anyone else has this same question: the payor would have one (1) year to file a petition requesting the money be refunded.
Last edited:

Sponsored Ad