• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Overstepping Lawyer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PrinnAnna

Hey all! I live in Pennsylvania and I currently have a WC case going on. I'm not too familiar with the WC Laws in Pennsylvania. I've downloaded the handbook but for this specific question I can't find an answer...

I've got this little situation going on where my lawyer is trying to pressure me into doing a type of treatment I'm skeptical about. They(lawyer) has been emailing and calling 3-4 times in a day to set up an appointment to get this procedure done. They have gone as far as calling the doctors office to check if I have called and made the appointment. Are they overstepping? Are they really allowed to do this?

adjusterjack

This is the WC's lawyer?

Not your lawyer?

If you are skeptical about the treatment, you can go see your own doctor for an opinion. Or, you can hire your own WC lawyer.

PrinnAnna

This is the WC's lawyer?

Not your lawyer?

If you are skeptical about the treatment, you can go see your own doctor for an opinion. Or, you can hire your own WC lawyer.

- This is my lawyer doing this and I am going to a doctor of my choice. It's just the procedure he recommends that I'm not sure I wanna get but my lawyer is pressuring me to do it.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Are they overstepping? Are they really allowed to do this?
The lawyer is allowed to do that, though he sounds like he's being overbearing about it. The fact that he keeps contacting you, though, makes me think you have not clearly told him you don't want to do it and are not going to do it. Once you make it very clear that you have made up your mind the matter should be closed. But if you are at all wishy-washy in the responses you give your lawyer on this he will continue to think you might do it and keep asking you about it.

Whether it is something that you ought to consider doing would depend a lot, of course, on your injuries and what procedure the lawyer is pressuring you to do. Start by asking your present doctor about it – whether it might have any benefits for you, what the risks are, and whether your doctor recommends you do it or not. Then make your decision and communicate that to your lawyer. Make it clear that you have made up your mind and the subject is closed (without being rude, of course). The lawyer works for you, but sometimes lawyers need to be reminded of that.

quincy

- This is my lawyer doing this and I am going to a doctor of my choice. It's just the procedure he recommends that I'm not sure I wanna get but my lawyer is pressuring me to do it.
What is the procedure your attorney is encouraging you to have? Why is he encouraging you have this procedure? Is there a legitimate legal reason for it?

Unless your attorney is also a doctor, you should not take his advice on medical treatment over that of your own physician.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">