• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Overtime Pay, am I entitled?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The business paper you read was incorrect. The legislation was NEVER intended to completely eliminate time and a half. What it was intended to do was first, bring to current standards the levels of who is and is not eligible (at the time the law was written, many positions, including all computer positions, did not exist) and secondly, allow employees WHO WOULD PREFER THE COMP TIME to be allowed to have it. There was NEVER a suggestion that employees would be forced to take comp time if they would prefer the time and a half OT. That misinterpretation was put forth by the unions and union lobbyist, either deliberately or in ignorance, but was NEVER the way the legislation read.

JETX

"JETX

Being a senior member does not automatically lend credence to all of your posts, so it's not necessary to state that each time you disagree with someone. Make your opinions stand on their own and be certain you are responding to the proper party."
*** I agree, but since you are such a newbie, I felt it was important to note that when you 'poked a stick' at a respected SENIOR member of this forum. Simply, Beth (and cbg) have proven their knowledge of employment rights and I respect both of them. You however, said, "I'd like to hear from others on this board regarding this issue, because I can't believe I'm in the minority here."
In case you missed it:
1) Beth is right!
and
2) You are a minority if you think she is wrong!

Got it??? Good!!

Beth3

SENIOR member, eh? Let me get my cane...:D

I don't care what anyone else says, JETX, you're mighty sweet sometimes. :)

JETX

Thank you, ma'am, but I usually try real hard to hide that side of me..... at least on this forum.
:)

W

WISHIN

HomeGuru

If I were wealthy beyond belief I would comission a study on why cowards like you come on bulletin boards to insult people! Get a life, Bubba.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">