• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Overtime Pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TxHacker

I'm trying to find out if there is such a thing as Coefficient Overtime pay? My company uses this for non-exempt salaried employees. They use a formula to compute overtime pay. You actually make less than straight time for your overtime hours. Also the more hours you work the less per hour you make. As an example say you make $10/hr. With 1 hour of overtime you might make $9. With 2 hours you might make $17 or $8.50/hr. It gets worse the more hours you work. Is this legal? We are located in Texas and have offices in OK & NM if this makes any difference.

[This message has been edited by TxHacker (edited March 09, 2000).]

A

Attorney_Replogle

I think you are probably being taken to the cleaners. Please speak with an employment law attorney near you. You can find one at attorneypages.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">