• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Owed money from job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

icefroggy6

I did a website for an individual who owns a dragstrip. They paid as we went along with the site. I never recieved the final payment of $170. I sent them a bill over a month ago. I've called and their response was that I never completed the job, even though I did. Now they've hired someone else and said that they will deduct whatever this person charges to "fix" what I did from my bill. I thought about small claims court, and even sent them a letter stating that I was going to do so if they failed to pay by a certain date. That date is coming fast and I don't expect a payment. Here's some other details: I have 3 pictures they gave me and am refusing to give them back since I haven't gotten payment yet. I also sent an email to a friend who knows them that essentially said, very briefly that this person was an a-hole. This has somehow gotten back to them and now they are threatening to sue for slander. I have no money for any type of attorney (hence the small claims for $170). Do I have a recourse here or should I just send the pictures back and forget the whole thing? My kindest thank you to anyone who replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">