• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Own Occupation LTD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Barkley

I have an "Own Occupation" policy with Large Insurance Co. through my employer as a Sales & Marketing Manager. The job requires lots of travel, 7 day weeks are not unusual, 12 hour days are the “norm” and the description of responsibilities is extensive including final description statement: Assumes “All other responsibilities as required.” Between 1996 and 1998 I had 2 heart attacks on the job both requiring angio stent placements and resulting in anterior and inferior heart wall damage. In each case I returned to work within 20 days. In May of 2000, I had another Heart attack while traveling on the job requiring 2 more angio stent placements and now have a total of 5 stents. The last heart attack was very difficult and has resulted in severe depression for which I’m being treated. My Primary Care Physician, Cardiologist and Clinical Psychologist have submitted a joint claim for my Long Term “Own Occupation” disability explaining this type of occupation is now beyond my level of stamina and ability to cope resulting from the extent of my coronary heart disease, heart damage and subsequent difficulties with mental and physical levels of stress. Large Co (Insurance) recently denied this claim stating: The sales manager’s position includes light duties and sedate activates such as travel. The 3 heart attacks suffered were followed by successful angio stent placement and extensive drug therapy, which should reduce future risk. Patient achieved 8.5 mets on last stress evaluation and walked for 6 minutes. That was it! I do have an attorney who is working on an appeal but I wanted to ask if anyone in your organization could offer further suggestions, insight, or recommendations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">