• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

owner sold house... does he have to...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arrowmyth

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? WA

Hi, I have been living in my house for just over a year now. Right before the one year lease was up I got a letter from them telling me that they were going to be putting the house up on the market and that I had 20 days to move. In the same letter they also asked me for the rest of my damage deposit and even prorated the rent to the day that they were exspecting me out of here. Well, I am disabled with a child. I called them and told they there was no way I could get out of here that quickly. Plus, I have no money to pay for first, last and damage at another place right now. The only nice thing that they have done is let me stay here for another month and now maybe two ~ for I am finding it very hard to get into a place.
I have packed quite a bit and do allow people to come in to show the place. I keep it really nice, considering my disability.
My question is,"do they legally have to pay to help me move?". If anyone knows this answer it would be greatly appreciated ~ any comments about this matter would come in handy as well.
Thanks again, Arrowmyth :confused:

BelizeBreeze

Of course they don't have to help you move. They do however, have to follow the Washington state Landlord/Tenant laws in voiding a lease, regardless of whether or not you have a new lease.

HomeGuru

arrowmyth said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? WA

Hi, I have been living in my house for just over a year now. Right before the one year lease was up I got a letter from them telling me that they were going to be putting the house up on the market and that I had 20 days to move. In the same letter they also asked me for the rest of my damage deposit and even prorated the rent to the day that they were exspecting me out of here. Well, I am disabled with a child. I called them and told they there was no way I could get out of here that quickly. Plus, I have no money to pay for first, last and damage at another place right now. The only nice thing that they have done is let me stay here for another month and now maybe two ~ for I am finding it very hard to get into a place.
I have packed quite a bit and do allow people to come in to show the place. I keep it really nice, considering my disability.
My question is,"do they legally have to pay to help me move?". If anyone knows this answer it would be greatly appreciated ~ any comments about this matter would come in handy as well.
Thanks again, Arrowmyth :confused:

**A: what date does your fixedl ease end and does the 20 days to move out date orrespond with the lease termination date?

arrowmyth

moving out

dolphinWell, as it turned out, I stayed in the above mentioned place for 50 days after they sent me the first letter telling me that I only had 20 days to move. What was really strange was that the landlord was called from the apt place I now live in and was asked for a reference and he gave me a great one.... then the same day sent me a three day pay or vacate notice. I was up to date on my rent, he wanted the rest of my secruity deposit..... which he took illegally to begin with (WA STATE)... we had never done a walk through at the house. Anyway, when I left the place was cleaner than it was when I moved in, the yard was so much nicer (I had cleaned up the whole yard and put in plants and flowers over the year)....
I was just curious to hear if anyone had any advice to see if they had to pay some fees to help me get out of there since they decided to sell the place before my lease was up. The 20 day notice was given to me 10 days before the lease was due to be renewed.

Thanks for the advice however.... have a good day, me

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">