• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

owners in a corporation and have left

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My husband and I worked for a bakery in Virginia for 20 years. The owner offered us part ownership and we bought stock. I have been gone for two years and my husband got hurt in June and since he was no longer an asset he was told not to come back. The problem in the company says they are not interested in buying our stock which is fine with us, but I have not recieved any dividen payments for two years (which were paid to the other stockholders during this time) and my husband has not recieved the one due in July. We understand that we can get a Warrent in debt against the corporation for past payments but what about the future payments?


Senior Member
Is the stock managed by a trust or bank?? If so, you need to contact them and make sure that they issue dividend payements to you.

Or, if the stock is personally managed, then you need to write a letter to the manager, stating your position, include your current address, ask for your past unpaid dividends and all future dividends to be sent to you. Send this letter via Certified mail (proof of delivery).

If no response, or none of the above apply, you will need to consider retaining an attorney to write a demand letter to the corporation (it should be addressed to the Registered Agent for Service).

Do not ignore your stockholder rights. For all you know, Nabisco may step in tomorrow and buy them out!

Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]
This is my PERSONAL OPINION and is not legal advice! Consult your local attorney for your specific situation and laws!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential