• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

P.O Issued No Contact Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so my fiance is on probation, he just finished up an 8 month revocation for missing a visit and also has a pending felony possession of a fire arm which he had $1000 bail reduced from $2000 which has been paid..his mandatory release for revocation is today 11/14. So bail is paid and he served his revocation and his po just put a hold on him like wtf?
she also placed a no contract order between us and we've never been in trouble together or have any cases together...please help

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
ok so my fiance is on probation, he just finished up an 8 month revocation for missing a visit and also has a pending felony possession of a fire arm which he had $1000 bail reduced from $2000 which has been paid..his mandatory release for revocation is today 11/14. So bail is paid and he served his revocation and his po just put a hold on him like wtf?
she also placed a no contract order between us and we've never been in trouble together or have any cases together...please help
You should probably reconsider your choice in men.

Yes, the PO can do that.

Eekamouse

But you both have had cases of your own? His PO must foresee trouble if he's allowed contact with you.

Just Blue

ok so my fiance is on probation, he just finished up an 8 month revocation for missing a visit and also has a pending felony possession of a fire arm which he had $1000 bail reduced from $2000 which has been paid..his mandatory release for revocation is today 11/14. So bail is paid and he served his revocation and his po just put a hold on him like wth?
Please edit the acronym to something less objectionable.

What state? Do you have a criminal history? If yes, for what? Please include pending charges.

quincy

A no contact order is not an unusual addition to the terms and conditions of probation. Apparently your fiancé’s probation officer feels it a necessary one.

If you care for your fiancé, you should want to do everything you can to see he does not violate this condition.

Mass_Shyster

Blue asked the same question. Standard conditions of probation can be posted if Mrs. Townsend returns to answer that question - but pretty much any condition can be set for probation.
In my state, a probation officer cannot issue conditions. Only a judge can issue those conditions.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I didn't ask for an opinion of my choice in men... Like all of you that mentioned that I'm sure you're just a saint! I'm in Wisconsin, thanks for the beneficial info
What you demanded (not asked) was that we help. Not associating with felons is helpful advice.

I hope you have a wonderful day...you so deserve it :)

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I didn't ask for an opinion of my choice in men... Like all of you that mentioned that I'm sure you're just a saint! I'm in Wisconsin, thanks for the beneficial info
*Sigh.*

Can you answer the question: have you been convicted of a crime?

If the answer is "yes", then it is possible that it was determined that you could be a bad influence. It is possible to be a bad influence, even though you have "never gotten in trouble together".

Abiding by the restrictions placed on your boyfriend will help him. Show your love by keeping him out of trouble: stay away from him if contact will get him in trouble. That's love: doing what is best for the other person's interests, even if it doesn't make you happy, because you want what's best for them.

While I think that you could aspire to better, maybe your life experience has lead you to believe that what you currently have is all that you could ever expect.

Take this forced time apart to focus on yourself and self improvement - and I mean, beyond a mani-pedi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">