• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA-Can they take lump sum payment if agreement with judge? Child is with me now

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pittguy53178

What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania

Very strange case. The long and short of it two years ago it was discovered my wife had a drug habit that she kept secret and our son was temporarily placed with my parents.

My parents didn’t want any money for taking him at all-they didn’t want to hurt us. But the state decided I would need to start paying support for some reason.
The child was returned to us and the agreement we had with the judge was $60 a month. No more-no less. They settled on that amount since the child was with me and i needed to support him.It has been deducted from my pay ever month since then with no issues. I am not behind or in arrears.

I was delighted to see my bonus of $5200 coming to me today. I get an email from payroll at 5pm saying either a percentage would need to be taken or a lump sum-very cryptic.

I log onto my computer and find out they are taking the full remaining balance from my bonus despite the fact I am not behind or in arrears. Total of $1901 Payroll just emailed me saying I need to contact the state. It

But can they do this? I wouldn’t mind paying a percentage but the agreement we had was $60. Can they legally modify a support order without a hearing ? Is this an error ?

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania

Very strange case. The long and short of it two years ago it was discovered my wife had a drug habit that she kept secret and our son was temporarily placed with my parents.

My parents didn’t want any money for taking him at all-they didn’t want to hurt us. But the state decided I would need to start paying support for some reason.
The child was returned to us and the agreement we had with the judge was $60 a month. No more-no less. They settled on that amount since the child was with me and i needed to support him.It has been deducted from my pay ever month since then with no issues. I am not behind or in arrears.

I was delighted to see my bonus of $5200 coming to me today. I get an email from payroll at 5pm saying either a percentage would need to be taken or a lump sum-very cryptic.

I log onto my computer and find out they are taking the full remaining balance from my bonus despite the fact I am not behind or in arrears. Total of $1901 Payroll just emailed me saying I need to contact the state. It

But can they do this? I wouldn’t mind paying a percentage but the agreement we had was $60. Can they legally modify a support order without a hearing ? Is this an error ?
Wrong: you have been paying towards arrears all along. The money you have been paying is NOT for current child support, because the child is with YOU. What you had was a payment plan.

If my understanding of what has been posted is incorrect, then you need to go to court and modify child support, based on where the child is living.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">