• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA-Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gretta

I've been married for 22 years, and the other day I've received a copy of "Complaint in Divorce". I'm being requested to sign a Waiver of Notice of Intention".
The affidavit enclosed states we have lived apart for at least two years. This is a lie. My spouse was on extended business trips with the company we both work for. I kept the home running, paid bills, made sure he had additional money while on the extended trips, and continued to work myself, etc. I didn't know these trips were considered living apart. The only way I knew that there was a problem is when I confronted my spouse in August of this year. I agreed to a Divorce but in PA you have to live apart for 2 years. This time was what I was agreeable to. Also, I stated it was to be a FAULT divorce, for Abandoment of Affection. The spouse filled for irretrievably broken. Now what do I do???? I'm getting the Bum's Rush between my spouse and his attorney. If I don't respond soon, I'll be divorced within 90 days. What are my option's without paying out the nose. So far the spouse has footed the bill for the divorce. Also, if the trips were part of living apart then I should consider abandoment?

LegalBeagle

Gretta said:
I've been married for 22 years, and the other day I've received a copy of "Complaint in Divorce". I'm being requested to sign a Waiver of Notice of Intention".
The affidavit enclosed states we have lived apart for at least two years. This is a lie. My spouse was on extended business trips with the company we both work for. I kept the home running, paid bills, made sure he had additional money while on the extended trips, and continued to work myself, etc. I didn't know these trips were considered living apart. The only way I knew that there was a problem is when I confronted my spouse in August of this year. I agreed to a Divorce but in PA you have to live apart for 2 years. This time was what I was agreeable to. Also, I stated it was to be a FAULT divorce, for Abandoment of Affection. The spouse filled for irretrievably broken. Now what do I do???? I'm getting the Bum's Rush between my spouse and his attorney. If I don't respond soon, I'll be divorced within 90 days. What are my option's without paying out the nose. So far the spouse has footed the bill for the divorce. Also, if the trips were part of living apart then I should consider abandoment?
If you have been married for 22 years and their are property involved, pensions, saving plans etc etc, then you need an attorney. Otherwise you will get screwed and end up with nothing.

That really is the best advice I can give, his attorney is paid to screw you and ensure you get nothing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">