• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA- father vs. grandparents-conf. today for those interested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DennisK

What is the name of your state? PA
For those of you interested, my husband is currently up in PA fighting for custody of his two girls against the maternal grandparents. Their mother passed away the 25th of Aug. The custody conference today went pretty well, they(kids, grandparents) didn't know he was attending which kinda burst their (the grandparents)bubble a little. The master seemed to stay fairly neutral and the grandparents had to explain away why they have denied visitation, and told him that he could no longer have contact with his children without supervision which they could not. The only thing that is not in my husband's favor is that we live in FL and they are up there requiring the children to have to move, make new friends, etc. The grandparents even accused my husband of making plans to build a new house with his deceased ex's social security benefits which we hadn't even thought about. My husband has plans to visit their school tomorrow while he's up there to see if the school can assist the kids with counseling. The grandparents haven't even bothered to check into it while my stepdaughter's continued to watch their mother slowly fade away. The custody officer has to make a report and I guess this thing is going to trial. Hopefully, someone will talk to someone and this thing will be worked out for the sake of the girls. Thanks to everyone and we'll post as new things developed.

T

tdbird

Good for him, so proud he did go. It will take a while for the change but with love every thing will work out. Children don't have much trouble with the natural parent as soon as they know that they are wanted.
Good luck and hope all works out for the best.

D

DennisK

These kids have always known that everyone wants them, maybe not always for the right reasons. Thanks for your good thoughts and hope to everyone involved in a custody dispute.

N

njmom

just a thought!

I hope everything goes well for you, I have been keeping up with your situation, and I really feel for you and your family! Please keep us posted on the outcome. I will keep you and your family in my prayers, as only GOD can serve justice, and I am sure you will get justice in the end!.......Good Luck, and again keep us posted!

D

DennisK

Yes, he did bring up counseling with the custody officer. My husband lost his father when he was his children's ages so he understands the effects it can have. The custody officer is aware that we have checked into hospice counseling in our area and fortunately our area in FL has one of the best teen programs available and they would have access to couseling at the schools in the Tampa Bay Area. I think the custody officer is somewhat perplexed by the grandparents behavior through all of this. I heard a good saying today... True character is displayed in the aftermath of crisis. Maybe this is what she noticed. I really feel for the whole family (my husband's ex-wife's) and from what I'm observing everyone could use a good session or two. By the way, I love your message at the end of your posts, fried eggs. It always makes me giggle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">