• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pa GPR

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

protectinggeo

What is the name of your state? pa
The grandparents have filed for visitation in pa. If they get it can we still move to another state or do we have to stay in pa? My husband is looking for a new job.
K

tigger22472

protectinggeo said:
What is the name of your state? pa
The grandparents have filed for visitation in pa. If they get it can we still move to another state or do we have to stay in pa? My husband is looking for a new job.
K
If they are granted visitation legally you would have to notify them of your move and likely file for a modification but I have not heard of a case where the grandparents have prevented a move. I could be wrong however... I think I was once.

If they have only filed, concentrate on that and fight that. PA is a harder state but without any details it's hard to tell you what sort of shot they have of winning.

LdiJ

tigger22472 said:
If they are granted visitation legally you would have to notify them of your move and likely file for a modification but I have not heard of a case where the grandparents have prevented a move. I could be wrong however... I think I was once.

If they have only filed, concentrate on that and fight that. PA is a harder state but without any details it's hard to tell you what sort of shot they have of winning.
Actually no, its not correct that they have to notify the grandparents and get permission to move.

There was one PA case where a judge attempted to restrict a parent from moving in a gpv situation....however that judge got her butt so whooped in the court of legal opinion (legal press LOL)...nationwide...that she had to broker an agreement between the parties that allowed the mother to move....to save face and avoid a career damaging appeal.
I have not seen a judge try to do it since then.

tigger22472

LdiJ said:
Actually no, its not correct that they have to notify the grandparents and get permission to move.

There was one PA case where a judge attempted to restrict a parent from moving in a gpv situation....however that judge got her butt so whooped in the court of legal opinion (legal press LOL)...nationwide...that she had to broker an agreement between the parties that allowed the mother to move....to save face and avoid a career damaging appeal.
I have not seen a judge try to do it since then.
I didn't mean necessarily to get their permission but to notify them. If there becomes a court order (or since it's just been filed) they woud have to follow the order. If they move too far to comply with the current order it would have to be modified or vacated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">