• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA New father issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyingbrian82

Hey guys, my ex is 8 months pregnant and is refusing to notify me when the baby is born, keep her from me and said she doesn't care what the court says. I know she'll get into trouble if she disobeys the order. My specific question is can I have the court notify me when the baby is born so I can move forward with a paternity test?

Just Blue

Hey guys, my ex is 8 months pregnant and is refusing to notify me when the baby is born, keep her from me and said she doesn't care what the court says. I know she'll get into trouble if she disobeys the order. My specific question is can I have the court notify me when the baby is born so I can move forward with a paternity test?
She is not legally obligated to notify you when the baby is born...morally? Probably not that either. How will the court know when the baby is born??? You can file in a month or so for paternity/support/visitation. If you are determined to be the father of this child and ex violates the court order you can file for contempt.

Please keep in mind that the ex is VERY pregnant and with that, is hormonal, uncomfortable and grouchy. Don't get into arguments with her...she will win and you will have hard feelings.

LdiJ

Has a court actually ordered something regarding an unborn child? If so, what has the court ordered?

adjusterjack

Relax. She'll get to you when she wants child support.

Flyingbrian82

She is not legally obligated to notify you when the baby is born...morally? Probably not that either. How will the court know when the baby is born??? You can file in a month or so for paternity/support/visitation. If you are determined to be the father of this child and ex violates the court order you can file for contempt.

Please keep in mind that the ex is VERY pregnant and with that, is hormonal, uncomfortable and grouchy. Don't get into arguments with her...she will win and you will have hard feelings.
Never do, just try so be nice to her and gives her what she needs. However, last month she cut off all contact with me and tried to have a restraining order put on me. I was able to beat it at the hearing on Jan 2nd

Just Blue

Never do, just try so be nice to her and gives her what she needs. However, last month she cut off all contact with me and tried to have a restraining order put on me. I was able to beat it at the hearing on Jan 2nd
so...leave her alone. I've had two children and the last thing I would want is to be bothered by an ex during the final weeks of my pregnancy. She doesn't need that stress right now.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I am leaving her alone smarty. Haven't talked to her in over a month.
You DO realize we're all volunteers here, right? We don't appreciate being mouthed off to for nothing. And no one insulted you in any way. I suggest you follow whatever advice your (paid) lawyer provides. You may not even be the father. In which case, she has no need to notify you of anything.

Last edited:

LdiJ

Can't do anything until the baby is born from what my lawyer said.
Then why are you asking if the court can order her to notify you when the baby is born? If your lawyer already told you that there is nothing that can be done until the baby is born, then you need to pay attention to your lawyer.

LdiJ

I also think that you need to make note of whatever it was that you did that made her 1) cut off contact with you and 2) file for a restraining order, and never do that again. She may have overreacted to something, but it's still something that you should never do again, whatever it was.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ignore LD. You can't control Mom's actions and if mom overreacted that doesn't mean you need to not do whatever it was again. LD doesn't know the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">