• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA System sold without consent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jeri Walker

What is the name of your state? Texas.
I was keeping a PA System in my father's home. His live in girlfriend sold it without my consent. He was at home and aware that this took place. I was called by my younger sister who was present at my father's home during the time that this took place. I asked them to recover my property but they claim they are unable to do so. Would I have a claim in small claims court? :mad:

racer72

How long had the equipment been stored with your father? What kind of agreement did you have to store the equipment?

JETX

You can sue the girlfriend for the value of the equipment 'stolen'. Additionally, you can attempt to file theft or 'conversion of property' charges against her for selling property that was not hers.

J

Jeri Walker

The PA system has been at my father's for a little over a year now. I have always lived with my mother but went to stay with my father during a time when my mother was out of work. The situation seemed as if she would have to relocate in order to find work. I was attending junior college. At semester break I went to stay at my father's home so that I would be able to remain in school while my mother found work and determined where she would be moving. My father agreed that I could live there. After living there a few months his girlfriend did not like me there. When my mother securred a job and relocated I moved back in with her and enrolled in junior college in her area.

The PA was still at my father's home who I visited with from time to time. The agreement was that I could keep my musical equipment in his home so that I would have some place to play music when I was visiting in his home. My mother and I currently live in an apartment and I can not use the equipment there as it would disturb the neighbors in the apartment complex.

The incident occured on a weekend after I had visited with my father to discuss him assiting me with a car I need to attend school during next school semester. I am now into the fourth week of my bachelors degree. My father had said that he would help with certain repairs before I started school at the University. He became angry and stating that he did not have the money to help with the car. I left to return to my mother's. After I left the girlfriend called someone and offered my PA system for sale. I returned to my mother's and received the call from my half-sister who was also visiting my father's home that weekend. She advised that they were selling my PA to someone and that I should return to attempt to stop them.

Since that time the girlfriend has apolized and said that she was angry at the time as I was asking my father for financial assistance with the car. (They did not help out.) She claims she is unable to get my equipment back as the people she sold it to were a friend of a friend. She sold it for $200.00 I paid $1500.00.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">