• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

package deal/contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cuddles14

What is the name of your state? PA

Recently I took a job that came with a package deal (contract) I was to have insurance but so far haven't gotten any. This was to take affect on July 1st 2005. Because I have pre-existing conditions they say they can't afford to give me insurance and that if I want insurance I will have to take a pay cut so that I am eligible for low-income insurance. This was not in the package they offered me. They offered me a certain wage and insurance. So far I have been to the doctor many times and have to pay for it out of my own pocket. Is this legal?

cuddles14

package deal

The contract is the package deal they offered me. It is 1 week paid vacation, 6 personal days, an hourly salary rate, and insurance.

BelizeBreeze

cuddles14 said:
The contract is the package deal they offered me. It is 1 week paid vacation, 6 personal days, an hourly salary rate, and insurance.
As I said, what contract? YOu're telling me you signed a valid employment contract or are you saying you were given an "offer of employment" with specific terms?

cuddles14

package deal

I didn't actually sign anything. I had to submit a proposal and they would either accept it or deny it. They accepted it. So I guess it would be an offer of employment. But they have always referred to it as a contract, but like I said I didn't sign anything.

BelizeBreeze

cuddles14 said:
I didn't actually sign anything. I had to submit a proposal and they would either accept it or deny it. They accepted it. So I guess it would be an offer of employment. But they have always referred to it as a contract, but like I said I didn't sign anything.
Then hold it up to the monitor so I can read it and offer a valid opinion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">