• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paid for Vaction Owed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ashleyconway

What is the name of your state? KY

My husband may be changing jobs in the next couple weeks. Where he works now, he will be eligable for his vacation time starting this week (two weeks worth). So this is my question - if he gets this new job (he will know more than likely at this final interview on Thurs.) what can he do (if anything) to ensure he gets paid for this time? He is planning on putting in the traditional two weeks notice, can he put in the notice (where he's working already knows he might be leaving in the near future) and then take those two weeks off paid then? This is a small (12 employees), privately owned firm so I am wondering since there is no "official" contract or anything, if there is a way to hold them to the promise of this vacation time? Thanks.

mlane58

Kentucky Labor Laws do not specifically require that an employer pay an employee for unused vacation upon termination of employment.

It depends on the policy or past practice of the employer according to Kentucky Labor Law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">