• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paid holidays

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frufru64

Texas is the state!
I work for an Incorprated business.The Main office is located in Louisiana.Am I eligible for certain paid holidays here in Texas?If so,could you let me know what they are?
Thanks,
frufru64

pattytx

There is no legal requirement for a company to offer any paid holidays at all. It is strictly up to the employer. Ask to see the employee handbook, or ask HR what paid company holidays they offer.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Agreed. In all fifty states, whether to offer any paid holidays at all and if so, which ones, is entirely up to the employer. There is no legal obligation on the part of any private employer to offer paid holidays.

If you work for the state or Federal government that's a different story. But in the private sector, it's entirely up to the employer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">