• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paid policy for ten years

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ap117

For ten years, I paid around $200 each month for a $100K life insurance policy for myself and my husband. I couldn't afford to renew the policies after they ended after ten years. Since neither of us died in that ten years, it seems only fair that I should be reimbursed some amount since the insurance company did not have to pay on the $100K policies. Do I have any recourse to be reimbursed some amount of what I paid for ten years?

ecmst12

That seems awfully expensive for a term policy, but if that's what it was, it has no cash value and you get nothing if you don't die while the policy is in effect.

ErinGoBragh

The other members are absolutely right- and I'd like to point out that you DID get something; 100k coverage in the event of your death over the course of those 10 years. Is this a term or whole life policy?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">