• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paid Time Off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigworm82

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

I was recently let go from my job that I've been at for 6 years. I was told in my meeting that I would get my PTO with my final pay. When I got my final pay check there was no PTO on it. Only the hourly. They said that BOLI states that it is up to the employer whether or not they want to give the final PTO on last pay check. The manual at my now ex work states that they do not have to pay for any unused time when an employee leaves or is terminated. I did record the meeting where they said that I would get my PTO but it was not known to my employer.

Does verbal ok supersede the manual or no?

bigworm82

K thank you. New question though.
Is it better to go through BOLI considering the company having shaved hours due to illegal rounding from 2013- may of 2014? Also i know that they tell clients the 20% service charge goes to the service staff but in fact this is not true either. I was thinking about going through BOLI but it sounds like they would just take something as a complaint and leave it at just that. Nothing else would be done. Is this true?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

I was recently let go from my job that I've been at for 6 years. I was told in my meeting that I would get my PTO with my final pay. When I got my final pay check there was no PTO on it. Only the hourly. They said that BOLI states that it is up to the employer whether or not they want to give the final PTO on last pay check. The manual at my now ex work states that they do not have to pay for any unused time when an employee leaves or is terminated. I did record the meeting where they said that I would get my PTO but it was not known to my employer.

Does verbal ok supersede the manual or no?
I guess you could admit to committing a crime if you want, I wouldn't recommend it though.

http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/165.540

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">