• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Palm Beach County Fire Marshal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pdmroz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida.

I am the second owner in our condo complex who has suffered from a ruptured fire sprinkler head and my unit has been damaged to about 80%.

Our Home Owners Assoc, installed new pipes for our sprinkler system moving them from underground to above ground.

Then a sprinkler head ruptured while the owner was up north. His unit was destroyed from water, rust and an oily substance which came from the sprinkler system.

The fire alarm never went off in the Fire Department down the street. About 4 months later while I was at a meeting a sprinkler head ruptured in my unit in the same exact location (a closet) as my neighbor’s two floors below. (But not exactly below me. His unit was two floors below me and two apartments away from mine).

It is estimated that the water flooded my apartment for some 3 to 4 hours before I got home, after receiving a phone call from one of my neighbors.

The same issued surfaced. The fire alarm did not sound at the fire department down the street and I was directed by our property manager (whom I phoned asking for assistance and advice) told me to call the fire department to have the sprinkler head turned off.

Is there negligence here? On the part of the Fire Marshal? Building Inspector? Fire Alarm Company? Fire Sprinkler Company? And the Home Owners Association?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">